It’s The Great Backwoods Home Magazine Giveaway! (Our Personal Collection)
Hello Everyone! I hope everyone’s New Year is getting off to a great start! It sure has been chilly in our neck of the woods!
I feel like I have been semi off the grid preparing for the new year and beginning my simplifying already by decluttering and purging but also gifting items to those who may could use items that are in a different season than us. The Viking and I have studied preparedness and homesteading for years even beginning our Backwoods Home Subscription years ago. I turned to my husband and said we could continue to keep these on our shelves but what would be really awesome is if we share them with someone that is just learning about preparation or someone who is just as passionate but has never reviewed this collection or to someone who just wants these fabulous magazines. If you haven’t heard about this giveaway here’s our Facebook Live Video explaining all about it!
There is really no one favorite but I must say I’m partial to Jackie Clay I have been a fan of hers for years. When she wrote something about the pantry and to this day I never panic about food before a storm. I’m always like I got beans or canned food items…I’m good! It’s nice to have food security!
Our Personal Backwoods Home Collection for Giveaway:
- May/June 1992 – Amateur Radio, House Foundations, Using Guns as Tools and more!
- May/June 1994 – Woman Builds Log Retreat, The Family Pond, Great Bread Recipes, The Wood Cookstove
- May/June 1995 – Buying Your Country Dream, Super Solar Shower, Battling Land Taxes, Herb Drying Props
- Nov/Dec 1995 – Dreams to Reality, Steam Powered Cars, Increasing Family Income
- Nov/Dec 1998 – Special Food Issue, A Civil War Christmas Dinner, Canning Meat and Vegetables, Victory Gardens
- May/June 1999 – Vehicles for a new Millennium, What Grandma Used, Homemade Candy, Cool Cucumbers
- July/Aug 1999 – Solar Food Drying, The Home Water System, Baby Tips, Woman Firefighter
- Nov/Dec 1999 – How Big is the Solar System, Places to Live, Kitchen Tips and Tricks
- Sect/Oct 2000 – Cooking Lamb, Starting A Jug Band, Lye Soap Making, Storing Bulbs and Veggies
- Sep/Oct 2001- Safe Water Supply, Earth Sheltered Homes, Build A Chicken Coop, Your Own Log Home
- Nov/Dec 2008 – Crabapples, Storage Pantry Meals, Homestead Guns, Fire Wick Fire Starter
- Jan/Feb 2009 – Eat Well On A Budget, Butchering Game, Vehicle Maintenance, Homebuilding PhD
- Mar/Apr 2009 – Garden Spaces for Small Places, Raising Quail In the City, A Small Solar System, and Scroll Saw Portraits
- May/June 2009 – Simplifying Your Life, Frugal Shopping, Jackie’s Garden Primer, Siding With Cement Board
- July/Aug 2009 – Save Money In The Garden, Solar Water Heaters, Wild Teas, Cast Iron
- Sep/Oct 2009 – Prepare For Hunting Season, Make Your Own Butter, Host A Canning Party, Choose A Chainsaw
- Nov/Dec 2009 – The History of BWHM, Extending The Harves, Life In The Desert, Chainsaw Basics
- Nov/Dec 2010 – Basic Cheese Making, Cutting hair at home, and Fried Foods
- Sep/Oct 2010 – Build a solar greenhouse, Chainsaw Sharpening, and Build a Pantry
- Jan/Feb 2011 – Canned Bacon, Chicken Tractor, and Meatless Meals
- Mar/Apr 2011 – Drive Your Own Well, Morel Mushrooms, Drinking Goat Milk
- July/Aug 2011 – Wash Day, Storing and Using Wheat, and Survival Store Room
- May/June 2011 – Saving Seeds, Picking a Pig, and Fire Starters
- Sep/Oct 2011 – Extend your growing season, Raising kids simply, Buckboard Bacon
- Nov/Dec 2011 – Solar-Powered Chicken Coop, Savory Supper Pies, Unplanned Homebirth
- Mar/Apr 2012 – Growing potatoes, Portable Solar, Medicinal Garlic
- Jan/Feb 2012 – Bartering, Raising Rabbits, Build a Greenhouse
- May/June 2012 – Top bar beehive, Canning Chicken, Frog Gigging
- July/Aug 2012 – Huckleberries, Build A Mud Oven, Build a Chicken House
- Sept/Oct 2012- Homestead Meat, Delicious Pickled Foods, and Easy Homemade Dairy Products
- Nov/Dec 2012 – Bartering Basics, Food Security, Gun Scopes, Suturing Skin
- Jan/ Feb 2013 – Bok Bok Bock – The Chicken Issue – All Things Chickens and Fishing for White Bass and more!
- Mar/Apr 2013 – How To Hide a Gun, Raised Garden Bed, Cherished Herbs, Solar Power
- May/June 2013 – Tomatoes, Queen of the Garden, Real Rye Bread, Emergency Lighting and Drought Landscaping
- July/Aug 2013 – Home Dairying, Canning Mistakes, Hog Butchering
- Sep/Oct 2013 – Hard Cider, Pizza Oven, Fruit Vinegar, Solar Food Dehydrator
- Jan/Feb 2014 – Plum Trees, Beekeeping, Growing Fodder, Homemade Bread
- Mar/Apr 2014 – Growing Peaches, Solar Water Purifiers, Beware of Herbicides, Build a Water Cistern
- May/June 2014 – Self-Reliance Goes Mainstream, Farm-Fencing, Green Beans, Pear Trees, Desert Gardening
Some of the magazines are worn and dog-eared but that’s the point; our personal Backwoods Home collection has been loved and used. I have many cook books that are that way too. I hope the winner enjoys them!
To enter this giveaway just follow the directions with Giveaway Tools below: If you already follow us on any of these channels and you have issues please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will verify your entry manually. We want to make sure everyone that is eligible that is already following us gets credit for that!
I wish you the best of luck on this giveaway! Fingers crossed for one lucky person!