I have to say that I really don’t know how much is too much but since I drink only about 4 to 8 oz. a day I don’t think I am in any danger of drinking too much.
Here is a good article that discuss drinking too much Kombucha: (apparently 32 oz a day is the max) it’s just not that kind of drink in my opinion. I usually sip on mine for a while while I am blogging lets say…;)
Link coming soon!
I can’t explain my love of this beverage except that I now understand why our Belarussian host son kept asking me for it.
So for those of you still not convinced I decided to write up for all of you why I drink Kombucha Tea. And this is coming from a NON Tea Drinker. I hate sweet tea and I am really not a big fan of hot tea unless I am sick.
My 10 Reasons Why I make homemade Kombucha:
- It is affordable and a relatively inexpensive beverage.
- It is extremely healthy and offers numerous health benefits
- You can make it in a wide variety of flavors so it offers diversity for your palate.
- You can continuously brew it (we are working on this now)
- It has little impact on the environment in the fact it doesn’t come in a bottle we actually do our second fermentation in old pickle jars that have been sanitized
- Kombucha Scoby’s aka “The Mother” continue to multiply therefore it keeps going on and on and on 😉
- Kombucha has been listed as a Cancer preventative (it has not been proven) however being that I am a Cancer Survivor this cannot hurt to drink it.
- It is also touted for lowering blood sugar levels this is something that is important to me.
- It has also been said that it reduces graying hear so why not?
- Lastly it gives me a sense of well-being that I can’t explain.
Thanks for listening to my reasons and don’t forget we have a little over one more day to enter Lil’ Suburban Homestead’s 2nd Birthday Honey Giveaway From “The Winsome Roost” our family apiary and garden business.
Have a great “hump” day!
- Kombucha Musings (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Entering The World of Kombucha (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Kombucha Tea (naturalhealthezine.com)
- I Heart Kombucha (eatrunreadtravel.com)
- Ongoing tales of Kombucha (lymedout.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Kombucha Tea: Why is it Government Regulated? 20July2012 (thegoldenagedaily.wordpress.com)
- Shake your Kombucha (thefurrycouch.com)
- Kombucha- Latest Superfood Beverage & a New Million Dollary Industry? (awakeningtopotential.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Kombucha Tea: Why is it Government Regulated? (naturalsociety.com)
- Non-Alcoholic Michelada: Use Kombucha! (thekitchn.com)