I really understand why these are called Chick Peas because most of the men in my life are not at all that into them. But I will say this for me if I am watching a football game and I want something that tastes a little nutty and crunchy with almost “NO” guilt this is the perfect go to snack for sure! However I have lost 35 pounds total now so I am dedicated to finding new and delicious healthy recipes!
Very little effort for a nice reward and they are delicious! I will be serving them up for sure for those gatherings where we have wings and celery out it’s a perfect pairing!
I also served these up for my friend who writes the blog “Nerd In Flip Flops” this summer for our Annual Summer luncheon and I have to be so careful because everything she eats is Gluten Free and we are not just talking about in a fad sort of way she has to eat Gluten Free so I get a little scared to cook for her sometimes. I am so afraid I am going to cross contaminate her with gluten and make her sick so for all of you scaredy cats like me who have a Gluten free friend this is a perfect recipe plus she liked it!
To make Roasted Chick Peas its really simple all you need is:
A can of chick peas or garbanzo beans
and an oven of course 😉
I found it easier to line the bottom of the cookie sheet with foil when I made these.
1 15 oz. can of chick peas/garbanzo beans
1 to 2 tsp. olive oil (I try to use the least amount I can get away with)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. garlic
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. chilli powder (this is subjective) put less in first and add more in if you need it!
First pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and line your cookie sheet with foil.
Then rinse and dry your garbanzo beans aka chick peas.
In a mixing bowl combine the spices and olive oil and then drop the peas in and toss them.
Then place the seasoned chick peas on the foiled baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Then take them out stir them up and place in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Once done and they have cooled they should be a nice crispy, nutty flavored snack with a little kick! Oh and when they are done EAT them!
Hope you like them and have a fabulous Sunday everyone….come on back now ya’ here! 😉
- Cumin chick pea salad with garlic-yogurt dressing (inspired by a Sudbury favourite) (hilarymakes.com)
- What Can I Do With Chickpeas? (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Sweet Potato-Chick Pea Pot Pie (applebutterharmony.wordpress.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Tomato Salad With Potato,Green Beans and Chick Peas (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Moroccan Chick Peas and Rice – Quick and Easy (enjoyingrealfood.wordpress.com)
- Going Gluten-free? (jacklynmccann.wordpress.com)
- Warm Polenta and Chick Pea Salad (thisamericanbite.com)
- Secret Recipes (brendendarby.com)
- How to make real falafel (yesanotherfoodblog.com)