If an apple a day keeps the doctor away then we are set here at our Lil’ Suburban Homestead. We just went up the mountains and had loads of adventures but right now I just want to talk about apples. We purchased two bushels of the King Lush, one bushel each of the following Fuji, Rome, Mutsu, and Winesap. All of them are wonderful applesauce apples with the exception of the Mutsu which we will use for dried apples and for apple pie filling. I like the tartness when we are making apple pies! My favorite eating apple of course if Fuji which I am eating every day for lunch right now. I love canning applesauce for the year as I get to control the quality of the product we only use honey produced by our bees for the sweetener and we use very little the finished product is absolutely superior and you can taste it! I used my last jar from last year about a month ago and I can assure you that it was a sad day. We were also extremely excited to find half gallon canning jars which we plan to use possibly with some pickled eggs, or kombucha recipes which you know how I love kombucha.
Soon I will share about our visit to the largest home in America “Biltmore” what a wonderful experience and I cannot wait to share with all of you!
I also am going to get back to my Herb of the week series now that Winter is setting in so I have lots to get back going again…if you have a particular herb you are interested in please let me know.
Lastly the Winner of our “Lessons From The Beehive” Giveaway is Lola! Lola I will send your information to Carol Alexander at “Everything Home With Carol” so she can send you this fabulous e-book! Congratulations! Thanks Carol for sponsoring this great giveaway!
- Apple Days Are Here Again (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- 5 Types of Apples You Should Try (self.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Creamy Apple Caramel Muffins (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away (naturalhealthezine.com)
- An Apple a Day….an Apple Crisp a day…? (runfull.wordpress.com)
- Make Your Own Apple Butter – Easy Crockpot Recipe (oldworldgardenfarms.com)
- Four Apples A Day May Actually Keep The Doctor Away (mynewsfix.com)
- An Apple A Day….Come Share with Us (rosehilldesigns.blogspot.com)
- A Henpecked Rooster & a Nippy Turken, Lessons From The Beehive Giveaway & The Ole’ Saturday Homesteading Trading Post Ed. No. 36 (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- The Things You Do With Rice (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Paints…..Learn From Our Mistakes! (lilsuburbanhomestead.wordpress.com)