Well the cheezy part of the celebration is over but it was a very special day and because my daughter’s birthday is in April I can always manage to go into our yard and picks some flowers and weeds if that’s what it takes to put together a “frugal” bouquet for the big celebration! I am so grateful because my daughter has such a sentimental heart and always so appreciates our lil’ gestures….we are truly blessed as parents!
So to finish off our celebratory meal we had Part 2 of the Menu which was:
Part 2 of Menu: It’s A Cheezy Celebration
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
The Salad greens are just that greens I picked from our garden. The best tasting salad ever! I love just taking fresh greens right out of the garden and drizzling a little balsamic vinegar on top! Tastes so good and so healthy for you too!
A Bunch of Asparagus
1 TBS. olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. of sugar or 1 tsp. of honey
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Take a standard bunch of asparagus and wash all of the asparagus pieces
- Snap each piece wear it naturally breaks toward the end of the trunk part
- Once they are all done take a cookie sheet and rub them all over good with the olive oil and fan them out on the cookie sheet
- Then sprinkle the salt evenly over all of them
- Then sprinkle the sugar or drizzle the honey evenly over all of them
- Roast (stirring occasionally) until they start to look a little crispy like in the photo above
Last for dessert we had chocolate dipped strawberries but all we did was simply take strawberries we had picked at a local farm and cleaned them and hulled them and we bought some of the chocolate that you just melt and dip the strawberries in they were easy and delicious!
So glad you could share our Cheezy Celebration with us…….I of course mean Cheezy in a good way of course their was nothing cheezy at all in Part 2 of our birthday menu.
Let me know if you decide to try any of the recipes I always love hearing from all of you and thanks so much for stopping by our Lil’ Suburban Homestead!
Easy Dutch Apple Pie (alaskamom)
Mr.CBB’s Easy Spinach and Wheat Tortilla Recipe (canadianbudgetbinder)
No Longer Secret Brisket Recipe for Disaster (earlbrussell)
Trail mix. In other words, a jar full of goodness (mom photographer)
Homemade Cottage Cheese and Butter (livereadynow)
Asparagus Gratin (apronappeal)
Avacado Strawberry and Goat Cheese Sandwich (edibleperspective)
Shared at the following wonderful blog hops!