So everyone knows Mom’s not allowed to be sick and I imagine Dad feels the same way…..what’s worse I woke up sick today and I went to the store and guess what I could not find? I could not find a healthy, whole foods gluten Free Chicken Soup! Of course this always happens when you feel miserable and I knew I needed something quick. I was tired, frustrated, and hangry, and of course sick on top of it all.
I was struck with an idea I need to come up with my own Emergency “I’m Not Allowed To Be Sick Chicken Soup Recipe!” and of course it has to be gluten-free!
Oh don’t get me wrong there was gluten-free lentil, and gluten-free cream based soups etc…but the one thing I wanted was just chicken broth and veggies and it was nowhere to be found. This soup comes together super fast and it’s delicious so once I ate some I started feeling so much better!
So I thought well this is an emergency so I am going to make a huge pot of soup and I am going to freeze some for the next emergency.
The worst part is I was hungry so I didn’t have time to rehydrate my dried vegetables or to thaw out my frozen chicken broth I wanted this soup yesterday so here is my last-minute, tired,exhausted Emergency Gluten Free Chicken Soup Recipe!
If I”m sick it feels like an emergency to me and I wanted something that would come together quickly and taste amazing!
NOTE: This is not a low-fat soup it is designed to replace meals while your sick and keep your strength up and make you feel better!
- 2 Boxes Gluten Free Chicken Broth
- 1 TBSP. Chives (Dried or Fresh) I used dried.
- 1 TBSP. Dried Minced Onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 large cans of chicken breast meat (if you have meat around the house use that first)
- 2 bags of frozen veggies (soup mix)
- Season Salt (gluten-free/msg free)
- You need a large pot and a cast iron skillet
- Take 1/4 of the stick of butter and place it in the bottom of the large soup pot. (put heat on med)
- Take all but a quarter of the rest of the butter and melt it in the cast iron skillet (place on low to med heat)
- as the butter melts pour out the frozen veggies in the cast iron skillet
- as the butter melts in the soup pot pour 2 boxes of broth in the pot
- salt and pepper veggies and broth
- once veggies are cooked up place them in the soup pot including all the butter
- add chives, minced onions too
- last drain the two cans of chicken and place them in the cast iron skillet with the last quarter stick of butter
- Once the chicken is cooked up and seasoned add to the pot and stir!
- At the last-minute add some season salt (gluten-free and msg free) to taste!
- This recipe could very easily be canned for the prepared pantry as well!
I am hoping to feel better soon if you are down in the dumps or feeling sick hope this recipe is just the thing to end your winter doldrums quickly!
Other Healthy Soup Recipes You Might Like!