With the end of summer drawing near and the tomatoes clinging just barely to our vines I thought I would make a special salad tonight in honor of the last of our tomatoes….we may yet get a few more stragglers but I am not hanging all of my hopes on it for sure.
This salad is very simple to make and I just came up with it at the spur of the moment really but with lots of ingredients many of us use already!
“Too Many Maters” Salad
You just take a variety of tomatoes. I had 2 sandwich slicing tomatoes (smaller), a couple of plum tomatoes, and about a cup of cherry tomatoes (all varieties).
I chopped the sandwich tomatoes up into little pieces. Then I chopped up the plum tomatoes, too and lastly I sliced up all of the cherry tomatoes in half.
I then crushed up some basil coarsely and sprinkled it around.
Then I put in about 1/3 C. reduced fat mozzarella.
Sea Salt and Crushed Pepper to taste
Lastly I drizzled balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top and stirred it all together and the final piece was serving it all on a bed of romaine.
This salad is delicious and it is all about the precious tomatoes!
Thanks for stopping by our Lil ‘ Suburban Homestead!
- Chopped Caprese Salad (judethefoodie.com)
- Steak Salad with Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- A Salad of Garden-Fresh Tomatoes (simplycooking.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Panzanella Salad (blahblahbirds.wordpress.com)
- Tomato Cucumber Salad – Variations (andreasgardencooking.com)
- Eggplant and Tomato Salad (annabellscooking.wordpress.com)
This blog is linked up to the following amazing blog hops!