Even though we are all back to the daily grind or at least I am I know some of you never left but I just had to share this new macaroni and cheese recipe I tried over the holidays. The one thing I want to do over the holidays is relax….and in my case there is not much lazing around and relax time to go around so I definitely embrace and love recipes that are super easy and in the case of this slow cooker mac and cheese you can’t get any easier! The other wonderful thing about this recipe is that it tastes so much better than the boxed version trust me you will be absolutely delighted with this recipe….I sure was! I personally cannot stand boxed processed macaroni and cheese….my daughter always laughs at this and says “Mom you love cheese and you love pasta but you don’t love macaroni and cheese!” and I have to say “I love macaroni and cheese when it’s the real deal!” and this is the real deal!
For as simple and easy as this dish is this is a great one to break out when you are entertaining….”Less Stress!”
Here is what you need:
a crock pot
some non stick cooking spray
1/2 lb. elbow noodles
4 C. milk
4 cups cheddar cheese (I used 2 cups medium cheddar and 2 cups sharp cheddar) but you could play with this part of the recipe and change things up if you like
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. mustard seeds ground up in your mortar and pestle
Here is how you make it:
- All you do is spray your crock pot with non stick spray and plug it in on high
- Then you mix up 4 cups milk, 2 eggs, salt, pepper and the ground mustard and I just used a whisk and mixed it up thoroughly
- Place the 1/2 lb. elbow noodles in the crock pot
- Place in 3 cups of your grated cheese into the crock pot on top of the noodles
- Pour in the milk, egg, spice mixture over everything
- Let cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on your crock pot and stir occasionally. You will keep thinking it won’t turn out but then magically it will all come together. Just when you think its done go ahead and spread the last cup of grated cheese on top and wait about 5 to 10 minutes and serve up!
Wishing you all a wonderful month of January filled with more Crock Pot Meals and more time for you to relax and enjoy your loved ones!
- Fiesta Macaroni & Cheese Crockpot Recipe (bexbernard.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe (formulamom.com)
- Mr. CBB’s Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Bake (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Macaroni and Cheese & Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese (organizemeorganizeyou2.wordpress.com)
- Dairy Free Crock Pot Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)