I still have some beautiful candy roaster pumpkin in the freezer so when we had company over about a week ago I thought it would be the perfect time to make up some Candy Roaster Pumpkin Cake and it was a huge hit with everyone!
Just because its February doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy those wonderful fall spicy flavors and aromas it is still cool here and I am trying to use up whatever is left in the freezer.
- 2 C. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 fresh candy roaster pumpkin
- 1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and reserve to add into the wet mixture next.
- Mix all the following ingredients together(eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin) in the mixer and then slowly add in all of the dry ingredients.
- While this is all mixing take a 13 X 9 Cake pan and oil it and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon in the pan until it is coated finely and evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
The cake part of this recipe is amazing but it’s the frosting that completes this recipe!
Cream Cheese Frosting (This is just your basic easy cream cheese frosting recipe)
8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract I try to use pure extract
Mix all ingredients together until creamy and spread on pumpkin cake just after it is slightly cooled. This is a very moist cake so it can be a little difficult to frost so just make more frosting if you have any issues 😉
I sprinkled cinnamon on top and place pecans evenly on top of the cake more for looks than anything but my friend who tried this cake said she saved her pecan for last she said it was the perfect finish to a perfect cake!
Hope that everyone enjoys trying this recipe it is absolutely delicious and was a huge hit with everyone! I also hope you all are having a great week. I went on a high school field trip with my son and 65 other teens today I made it out unscathed….ha ha …..No just kidding it was a lot of fun 🙂
Pleasant Pumpkin Squash (lilsuburbanhomestead)
Creating Your Own Unprocessed Food Faves (lilsuburbanhomestead)
Our New Favorite Squash – The Tromboncino (lilsuburbanhomestead)
Linked To The Following Amazing Blog Hops: