Okay what is my very favorite word in the English Language besides easy? It’s Simple! So I made sure both words were in the title of this blog post! Now please don’t get the idea that I am lazy for I am far from that but I am fairly efficient or I should say at least around the things that are a priority for me. At work I am very efficient because I only have 40 hours a week to get a 60 hour a week job done and at home when it comes to my priorities like cooking since I am such a foodie and yet I have to follow my nutritionist’s guidelines or I try to most of the time.
So you know how much I love the slow cooker or crock pot depending on what you call it of course I love both!
I have to share this recipe with you and like my son told me this is a keeper he wanted me to make it again already but I said I promise I will make it very soon! We have a gathering we are going to this weekend and I am thinking of making these because they are that easy and soon I will be making them with potatoes from our Potato Tower.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 to 10 scrubbed red skinned potatoes (leave skins on for fiber)
- 1 bar of neufachel cream cheese (lower fat)
- 1 C. Reduced Fat shredded mexican cheese (You could go all out with cheese if you wanted mine is made a little bit healthier) but it’s still good I promise!
- bunch of green onions
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- You will need a crock pot or slow cooker of course
- Make sure to grease crock pot with olive oil ( I forgot and it still turned out great)
- 1st you need to scrub and slice potatoes thinly
- Chop 4 to 6 green onions up and evenly sprinkle between layers
- Next lay them all in one layer in the bottom of the crock pot
- I cut the neufachel cream cheese and divided it so I could layer chunks on each layer too
- I divided the cup of reduced fat shredded cheese and divide it so you can sprinkle some of that on each layer too
- You mince a clove of garlic over each layer and try to scrape it over the top fairly evenly
- Then I sprinkled parmesan cheese and salt and peppered to taste
- I kept layering until I had about 3 layers
- Place lid on crock pot
- Put on high for 3 hours if its a weekend like I did and I was in a hurry or slow for 5 to 6 hours
- Right before you serve this stir it all up and garnish with some fresh chopped green onions
You keep layering until when you look inside the crock pot and it looks like it does below:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did because this is a great recipe for weeknight dinners and it’s delicious so you will want to break these out when you are entertaining as well. I think this recipe would be great with some hot sauce in it as well for a little kick but I kept this version mild for all folks this time!
Have a great week everyone!
It’s a Cheezy Celebration(lilsuburbanhomestead)
Mr.CBB’s Spanish Potato Sausage Tortilla Cost Aprox $10(canadianbudgetbinder)
One Potato, Two Potato, Three Potato, Four….(lilsuburbanhomestead)