My son absolutely loves Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits so I decided to make a healthier version of these at home over the Memorial Day weekend. I did use a store-bought reduced fat biscuit mix but you could make your own it would just raise the fat content slightly in the recipe. I chose this option not just for convenience but because I was really trying to reduce the overall fat content in the biscuit.
If you have never had these before they are quite addicting but they are rich so I made some modifications to some of the copy cat recipes I saw around the web and added lower fat milk and cheese as well but you still smother them in butter at the end 😉
These are a super easy recipe and a drop biscuit recipe to boot and all in all much more frugal than going out to eat anyway.
What You Need:
- cookie sheet
- pastry brush
- mixing bowl
- 2 1/2 C. Reduced Fat Biscuit Mix
- 1 C. shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 TBSP. butter (4 go in mix) Reserve 2 TBSP. of butter to melt later…
- 3/4 C. low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- The butter and cheese provided plenty of salt so I omitted it and they were absolutely yummy! But if you are a salt fan add some.
- Place the reduced fat biscuit mix or your homemade biscuit mix in the mixing bowl, add the milk, 4 tbsp. butter, and the cheese and mix up into a dough.
- Go ahead and plop sticky balls of dough on the cookie sheet and bake.
- While the biscuits are baking melt the remaining butter and stir in the garlic powder and parsley (best results use dried parsley)
- As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven brush them with the butter/herb/spice mixture and serve fresh and hot!
To say these were fabulous is an understatement they were amazing! Enjoy!
Simple, Easy, Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes(lilsuburbanhomestead)
Mr.CBB’s Cheesy Crock-Pot Lasagna(canadianbudgetbinder)
It’s a Cheezy Celebration(lilsuburbanhomestead)
Related Pins: Follow Me On Pinterest!