Happy Sunday friends! I thought I would put together a fun post today “20 Ways To Know You Are A Farm Girl!”
As I have shared with all of you I am a Farm Girl at Heart even though my farm is my very own Lil’ Suburban Homestead! When my husband and I first got married I immediately had this urge to garden and can and preserve our own food!
It’s definitely in my DNA from the moment we bought our first house I wanted to can and went to yard sales and estate sales to find canning supplies and now of course I have tons of supplies but it took time I even gave a lot of my supplies away in a move once.
I thought other like-minded friends would enjoy this post…
20 Telltale Signs That You’re A Farm Girl
1. You often have straw in your hair.
2. You cannot drive past a farmers market without stopping.
3. You are addicted to canning supplies.
4. You cannot stop subscribing to garden/seed magazines and publications.
5. You love the smell of a good compost mixture.
6. You have seeds laying in various places all over your house.
7. Boots, headlamp, and gun are handy by the back door (or some combination thereof)
8. You dream of owning chocolate marans unless you already own them of course!
9. You’re secretly angry the neighbors live so close (this applies to suburban farmers) so you may be able to add goats or other livestock. 😉
10. Your house often smells like onion, peppers, or cabbage from your dehydrating projects.
11. All gardening supplies are fair game…a hoe makes you a swoon and a nice pair of snippers could bring tears to your eyes!
12. All old and damaged fruit suddenly looks like a bottle of wine to you 😉
13. Burlap and canning jars are decorating tools in your home.
14. You go nutty with excitement when your fruit or nut-tree gets it’s very first fruit or nut.
15. Your yearly anniversary trip involves collecting 6 bushels of apples, gourds, squash, and pumpkins.
16. A hot date with your husband or significant other is drinking homemade hard cider and planning next year’s garden!
17. You try to convince your girlfriends that it would be more fun to have a canning party than a girls night out!
18. For us beekeeper farm gals we use honey instead of antibiotic ointment so folks come over and we could literally have honey anywhere on our body!
19. You eat eggs every single day of your life.
20. You dream of having an old farm truck! To haul all your produce in one day!
Wishing you all a beautiful week!
Other Posts You May Enjoy!