I am so excited to share my Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe with all of you because it is so easy and I don’t know about all of you but I love easy simple recipes that come together quickly. Another thing I love about this recipe is that it is especially perfect for a Sunday afternoon or evening when I am so busy cleaning, packing lunches, and doing laundry.
However Sunday is one of those days of the week that I want to make sure we have some good old-fashioned food where the entire family comes to dinner together even if we don’t have time any other night of the week to do this. We had open-faced Crock Pot BBQ chicken sandwiches, with salad greens, and fried “Granny Smith” apples. The guys and my daughter who stopped by later in the evening all gave me a thumbs up for this recipe so this one is a keeper!
As we all know families are spending more time on devices and apart from each other than ever before so making an effort for family time at dinner doesn’t have to be that much of an effort any more….one of my favorite kitchen tool’s the crock pot makes it so you can have your cake and eat it to so to speak…..dinner is served without too much sweat and toil and everyone tell you how awesome you are! It’s a win win for everyone!
Karen Lynn’s Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- 6 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ dressing (we used Carolina Treet which is a NC vinegar based dressing)
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1 TBSP. honey
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (you may use more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp. A1 sauce
- 1 or 2 drops of liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Place ingredients in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Once chicken breasts are cooked thoroughly pulse in food processor as breasts don’t pull like chicken off the bone do and then place shredded chicken back into the sauce.
- Stir chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve Crock Pot BBQ Chicken over toasted kaiser rolls or buns.
Enjoy and have a wonderful week and I hope you all had a beautiful Sunday!