10 Little Things You Can Do To Keep More Money In Your Wallet
Do you ever read a blog post and think in your mind well I do that and I do that and I do that, that and that…..but the great thing about blog posts is it puts an item back on our radar and so sometimes just reading a blog post reminds you of the things that you can do quickly to improve your life.
If you read my 5 prong strategy in our approach to save money…..here is a recap of our strategy that I shared in that post “My Paycheck Is Shrinking Oh No!”. I will be sharing these strategies all year-long and hopefully we should see a new year in 2013 in spite of all of the obstacles the economy is throwing at us.
- Spend Less
So here are some of my tips to help make your life run smoother…and by all means if your life is already smooth you won’t need to read this post 😉
Some of my goals include saving money, making more money, reducing our pollution footprint on this beautiful planet we call Earth and making my life easier so my solutions will be based around those items.
1. Find a good finance blog you enjoy and follow it. I follow Canadian Budget Binder and the no. 1 reason why I follow his blog besides the fact that he cooks up some wonderful recipes is because he helps me to remember to save money and he offers Free Financial Tools for Download and if you know me I like Free!
2. Reuse, Recycle, and Re-purpose – I always look at items and so does my husband and think about how we can use items that would otherwise be in the scrap yard.
all items that were found in the trash or the scrap metal bin and would have otherwise been thrown out.
3. Cook More Take In and Eat Less Take Out
Here are my favorite Blog Eat In Meals Of The Week I found On Pinterest:
Now here are some of my recipes that are just as good as take out I promise:
My version of Outback’s Chicken Alice Springs I call it Chicken Alice
Buffalo Chicken Dip (this is so easy made in the slow-cooker)
Amazing Lamb Burritos (another slow-cooker recipe)
4. I love soaps the fancy bath and body stores however I have kept those containers and put in an antibacterial soap purchased in a huge volume at the local super store and I don’t notice the difference and it lasts forever!
5. Make your own homemade laundry soap I do and I love the fresh smell and its so much less expensive.
6. Pack your lunch everyday and organize a healthy frugal breakfast routine.
7. Hang your towels and clothes around your house to dry…I know it’s not attractive at all but it will save on your electricity bill and it will also add humidity to your house in the winter.
8. Remember to use your local library or use sites such as Paper Back Swap.Com…and always look for free books on your Kindle! Remember you can always share books with your friends too!
9. Grow Your Own Food or as much as you can and if you live in a part of the country where you can plant seeds now get out and plant an early spring garden.
10. Look for free items and if you can’t use them resell them to make some extra cash. This can add up quick!
Have a great week everyone and remember that tomorrow we are halfway through!
I wish you all a beautiful week….until next time!